26 March 2011

Hello!

Welcome to my blogosphere debut!  For the record, I’m amazed that “blogosphere” passes spell check.  Recently, my husband, Vincent, and I were talking about hobbies, and we quickly established that I have none.  I have my Master’s of Architecture, I work at an architecture firm, and I spend any personal time reading design blogs or working on theoretical architecture projects and competitions.  This isn’t to say I don’t enjoy other things in life.  In fact, Vincent and I are self-proclaimed food and movie snobs, and we also enjoy traveling, drinking wine, and listening to live music.  However, none of these activities has reached hobby-status for me.  Rather than trying to pick up scrapbooking or the like simply for the sake of having a hobby, I choose to embrace my one-track mind.

Introducing open studio.  As I mention on the About page, this blog will be a place to share my thoughts on design in real life, particularly in my new apartment.  I will discuss what works, what doesn’t work, and what I would do differently in the future.  Since I hope to design our own house one day, I’m taking advantage of this opportunity to honestly evaluate how we live and how we use space.  I would also like to encourage you to comment on posts so that we can create a place to share ideas about architecture, design, and living.  I hope you will check in frequently, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover