19 March 2012

Women's History Month

I’ve been a woman for almost 29 years, and yet I only just learned that March is Women’s History Month.  Who knew?!  In honor of Women’s History Month, Arch Daily posted an infographic on women in architecture.  Some of the facts on this timeline were shocking to me (eg. the first African-American woman to become licensed and form her own firm occurred as recently as 1985, and Zaha Hadid becoming the first woman to win the Pritzker Prize happened in 2004).  I always think of monumental events like these occurring before I was born, so it’s fascinating to see them laid out on a timeline in this manner.

Image from Arch Daily
To quote my friend, Deedee:
"i am a woman.
i am in architecture.
i love graphic timelines!

and... men who sexually harass or discriminate are so small, i cannot even see them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover