09 April 2011

Design Love











I hope you enjoy this week's Design Love!  Are there any works you think should be included that I missed?
























E-lastic Table by Timothy Schreiber, as seen on +MOOD
I think this table is absolutely beautiful.  While it seems organic, it’s also very controlled and refined.



 














Nieuw Leyden by 24H > architecture, as seen on ArchDaily
Although the exterior is unique, I don’t really like it.  I do, however, love the stairs!
















Marche Lier by Lund+Slaatto Architects, as seen on ArchDaily
Their design concept is a great example of an idea defining the design.  “Our goal in this project was to create a roadside restaurant that defies this ignored typology, and to create a building that would unite a sense of speed and motion with a surprising sensation of tranquillity and proximity to nature....[T]he distinctive shape is designed to echo the topography of the surrounding landscape” (ArchDaily).
























WM Bookcase by Paolo Martinig, as seen on +MOOD 
Even this bookcase has a strong design concept.







































Metropol Parasol by J. Mayer H. Architects, as seen on ArchDaily
I am obsessed with egg crate construction, because it is a simple way to create elegant forms.  One of these days I’ll get around to showing you the Egg Crate Chair that I made out of industrial felt while I was in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover