14 April 2011

The Birthday Girl

Yesterday I got one year closer to....gulp....30, and I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday.  It was a sunny 73 degrees, my boss brought me tulips from his garden, I received a lot of happy birthday wishes from friends and family, and Vincent and I went out for a romantic birthday dinner.  We are not gift people (we are far too practical for that), so rather than put unnecessary pressure on him to come up with a random gift that I may or may not use, I prefer the money being spent on something that we can experience together.  Hence, I Fratellini!

Photo from I Fratellini



 














I Fratellini is an adorable restaurant in one of my favorite neighborhoods in St. Louis (technically Clayton).  The restaurant had been recommended by multiple people, and I have been wanting to try it for quite some time.  After a couple of setbacks, we finally were able to go for my birthday.  It was certainly worth the wait!

Photo from St. Louis Eats and Drinks with Joe and Ann Pollack

Photo from Starch










































(I was kicking myself for forgetting my camera, so I’m borrowing photos from the interwebs)

We each started with a salad, both were absolutely delicious (I ordered the Arugula Salad with Pancetta and Vincent had the Belgian Endive Salad).  For entrees, Vincent ordered the Rack of Lamb while I had the Pistachio Encrusted Trout.  Typically I end up with food envy, but this time both meals were so good, it was hard to be disappointed with either selection.  Finally, we shared one of the best Tiramisu’s I’ve tried outside of Italy.

Not only was the food incredible, but the atmosphere was wonderful.

Photo from David Richardson Interiors/Rothschild's Antiques

Photo from I Fratellini










































Although it was a little loud at times, we both enjoyed the European feel.  I loved the exposed brick and the most-likely-original coffered ceiling and wood floors, contrasting with the modern Droog 85 Lamps light fixtures.

Photo from Orange Design

























All in all, it was a wonderful evening!  What's your most memorable birthday?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover