16 April 2011

Design Love


For your viewing pleasure.... 







































Education House by Lund+Slaatto Architects, via ArchDaily
The clean lines and limited material pallet make this such an elegant form.  It kind of reminds me of the architecturally significant Fagus Factory by Walter Gropius.


























Housing in the Born Refurbishment by ARQUITECTURA-G, via ArchDaily
I can’t quite pinpoint what it is about plywood as a finishing material that I love so much, but this is a wonderful example of it in residential use.


























Pinha by Raw Edges for Materia, via Dezeen
This is one of those products that I wish I had designed; it’s such a great idea!


























Architecture Studio by BmesR29 Arquitectes, via ArchDaily
They have organized their space with the use of color and material changes.  Plus, I love “peeled” surfaces!


























Container Guest House by Poteet Architects, via ArchDaily
You gotta love shipping container architecture.  Not to mention that it’s sustainable and modern.
 

1 comment:

  1. If I had known you like pre-fab homes, I would have sent you to a bunch of architects here that are doing some nice stuff with containers, really gorgeous but simple. Next time I see something impressive, I'll forward as a post on here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover