25 August 2012

Breakfast Bar

There are a lot of things I like about where we live - having a separate office and living a short distance from NYC, among other things - but one thing I really miss about our last apartment in St. Louis (aside from everything being brand new and modern) is the breakfast bar.


This photo was taken before we had bought stools.



I loved sitting at the counter each morning with my cereal and coffee while reading a magazine.  Although my new work schedule here would not be conducive to taking my time like I could in St. Louis (I worked about a 10 minute drive away), weekends are when I miss the breakfast bar the most.  I used to revel in my weekend mornings, relaxing in my modern counter stool from Crate & Barrel with the latest issue of Dwell in hand.



Felix White Barstools from Crate & Barrel

I had originally hoped, before moving here, that there would be enough space in the kitchen to add a free-standing island like the image below with a place for stools.  Once we had our furniture in place, it was clear there was enough space for an island but not for stools.  



Belmont White Kitchen Island from Crate & Barrel                     


In my future house, I would want a breakfast bar like some of these designs.


Image via Apartment Therapy
Image via Arch Daily
Image via designboom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover