17 December 2011

'Tis the Season

For as much as I love Christmas decorations, I have never actually decorated my own apartment.  Over the years, I have amassed a collection of household decorations as well as Christmas tree ornaments.  This year I decided that laziness is not a valid reason not to decorate for the holidays.  I started simply, taking what I had in storage and placing it around the apartment.  I then repeated the one holiday item I did last year, which involved switching out the fall vase filler in my Palmetto vase for Christmas ornaments.  I also put together a little table display, filling a water glass with holiday dark chocolate m&ms and candy canes.




 

 















Finally, I picked up my very first Christmas tree, albeit a mini-tree.  While shopping at Whole Foods, I stumbled on these cute table-top trees, realizing one of them would be the perfect addition to my recent holiday decor.  I have to admit, I was so excited about my new purchase, I smiled the entire drive back from the store and immediately set it up.  After a little rearranging of the furniture, I placed the tree on the round side table directly under our canvas-wrapped wedding portrait.


 

 





















Apparently almost all of the tree ornaments that we own are from Dunkin Donuts.  I have plans to make a couple other ornaments, and when I’m at my family’s house after Christmas I intend to steal some of my childhood ornaments as well.  I have tried to find some sort of tree topper, but everything has either been too big or too tacky.  Another project in the works is a handmade star for the tree.  Hopefully I will get it done before Christmas.

I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season and not stressing out too much!  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover